Operator Services at Hünfeld and Heidering Prisons
Since 1 January 2006, the State of Hessen supported by steep GmbH has been pioneering an innovative operating model: a partially privatized prison, the first of its kind in Germany. All prison services are now in the hands of an external provider.
The steep GmbH portfolio includes:
- Psychological, reintegration and teaching services
- Organization and running of workshops, occupational therapy and educational and training measures
- Regular sports and recreational programmes: library, prison newspaper, literature circles, creative music activities, etc.
- Facility management, cleaning, care and technical maintenance
- Recruitment of the resident doctor and nursing personnel and provision of sick ward services
- Central assistance, i.e. in security, ward and visitor services
- Business and other administrative activities in support of state prison services
Telephone: +49 228 6681 165
Head of Business Unit Managed Services in Partnership
Since 1 May 2014, the steep GmbH business unit Managed Services in Partnership has been running the workshops at JVA Heidering.
Over 5,000 square metres of production area, 1,400 square metres of storage area and space for about 350 pallets are available for welding work, metal construction, pre-assembled wiring and electrical assignments. The workshops are supplied with all the necessary utility services and media connections and offer excellent production potential.