Ramp Inspection Training (SAFA/SACA)
steep GmbH has developed a training concept for ramp inspections complying with the specifications (Subpart ARO.RAMP) in EU Regulation 965/2012. Our training measures qualify personnel to perform ramp inspections on civil aircraft.
Background and certification
In the European Union and the member states, air traffic safety is subject to European Regulation 965/2012. It sets down the provisions applying to the commercial operation of aircraft. This also extends to ramp inspections of aircraft from other nations as well as their crews pursuant to the applicable international (ICAO) and European (EASA) security requirements.
steep GmbH has been an approved SAFA training organization since April 2014. Its recertification as a ramp inspection training organization (RITO) under the new EU Regulation took effect on 9 December 2014.
Telephone: +49 228 6681 377
Trainers and instruction courses
Our trainers have been approved by Germany’s civil aviation authority LBA. They embody a wide range of skills and qualifications and many years of experience in ramp inspections. In addition, they underwent advanced, structured qualification procedures for their deployment as trainers.
Active on both national and international levels, they are responsible for the following training measures:
- Initial theoretical training with a high percentage of practical exercises
- Initial practical training – mandatory day of practice at the aircraft on day 4 of the initial training
- Recurrent theoretical training with a high percentage of practical exercises
- Recurrent practical training – additional day of practice at the aircraft (on request)
- Operational bridge training (OPS) focusing on items A3, A5, A6, A13, A14 and, if necessary, A22 and A23
- Workshop RampUp!
Our choice of training locations is based completely on the needs of our participants. At present we’re hosting training programmes e.g. at the following locations:
- Bonn (Cologne Bonn Airport)
- Wildau near Berlin (Berlin Schönefeld Airport)
- Schkeuditz, Leipzig (Leipzig/Halle Airport)
- Hamburg (Hamburg Airport)
- steep virtual classroom training (worldwide)
|Recurrent Training||2 days theoretical training||07-08/03/2023 (Bonn)||Still available|
|Initial Training||4 days inc. practical day on aircraft||21-24/03/2023 (Bonn)||Still available|
|Recurrent Training||2 days theoretical training||12-13/09/2023 (Bonn)||Still available|
|Initial Training||4 days inc. practical day on aircraft||19-22/09/2023 (Bonn)||Still available|
|OPS-Training||2 days theoretical training||14-15/11/2023 (Bonn)||Still available|